Hello & welcome!
Hello, I’m Sally Underwood, and I’m the owner and founder of UB Academy.
I have been a midwife for absolutely years and I love it! I love supporting women who are pregnant, delivering babies and the rest!
I wanted to create an area where all the information was in one place, where I could share my expertise and help women then they need it most.
We offer incredible courses to make you feel empowered and confident about your pregnancy, birth and journey into motherhood.
Face to face Antenatal Hypnobirthing
2021 start dates
Virtual Antenatal Hypnobirthing (Zoom) 2021 start dates
Virtual Pregnancy Yoga (Zoom)
2021 start dates
Virtual Mama & Baby Yoga (Zoom)
2021 start date
Catcha Cuppa & Chat
Join us every week on Zoom
with Midwife Sally Underwood – every week!
Sally Underwood is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Pregnancy, birth & beyond
Time: This is a recurring meeting EVERY THURSDAY @ 1930
Meeting ID: 875 0730 4739
If you would feel more confident notifying Sally that you will be coming, please feel free to email her in advance: email@example.com
Advice and help from qualified & experienced midwives for when you need it most. Regular opportunities to discuss in person any pregnancy/parenting concerns.
This is a video from Global Health, about breastfeeding:
The videos are incredible and can be watched easily on a phone at any time; they can be enjoyed by midwives and women alike.
If someone is being induced or has a spare 10 minutes for any other reason, it may just get the oxytocin flowing and they will certainly learn something.
Sally has written this special article exclusively for our members:
Midwifery Support - Birth Planning
Advice and help from qualified & experienced midwives for when you need it most. Here, Sally has written background information about birth planning.
Sally offers one-to-one birth planning. Please get in touch if this is something you would like help with.
Mindful Relaxation Video
Here is your specially created relaxation video, to help you relax and unwind and help remove stress.
Let us know how it goes, enjoy x
Breastfeeding Drop In Sessions, Facebook Private Group Access, including specialist lactation group access
We will send you on email with lots of information and links about breastfeeding and lactation, plus access to videos created just for us for you. You have access to a private breastefeeding support group ran by Lactation specialist Lucy Ruddle. Please ask us for the access code to this group.
Information Gathering- KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!
The following websites, authors and national bodies are great for gathering information so that you can use up-to-date and credible research, statistics and data to guide your decision making process to ensure you can make the decisions that feel right for you and your baby.
Always start with your caregivers, your midwife, your obstetrician or the team that are caring for you. Sometimes they will have outlined your choices, but you will feel you need another or outside opinion to help you decide what is best for you.
- Consultant Midwife within your own hospital.
- An independent midwife who is working outside of your hospital.
- Midwifethinking.com – Rachel Reed is midwife with a PHD who has worked within the UK and Australia.
- aims.org.uk – great books and online support.
- sarahwickham.com – a midwife who has written the most amazing books and has pulled together the most up to date guidance in an easy to read/understand format for pregnant women.
- Sarah Buckley – a wonderful GP working in Australia who again is a font of knowledge related to new evidence and how to use it to make decisions.
- evidencedbasedbirth.com – Rebecca Decker who is a PHD student, covers all elements of pregnancy and birth and has completed lots of work related to pregnancy women who are felt to be older.
- microbirth.com – covers the wonder of the microbiome
- NICE guidance has a selection of guidance that are used by hospitals to base their policies and procedures on.
- Milli Hill – The Positive Birth Book
- Birthing your placenta
- Why Homebirth Matters – Natalie Meddings
- Why Oxytocin Matters – Kerstin Uvnas Moberg
- Why Hypnobirthing Matters – Katrina Berry
- Why Caesarean Matters – Clare Goggin
- Why Induction Matters – Rachel Reed
- What’s right for me – Dr. Sara Wickham
- Inducing Labour – Dr. Sara Wickham
- Caesarean Birth, your questions answered – Debbie Derrick, Gina Lowden, Fiona Barlow
We all need reassurance sometimes, especially when we hear so many horror stories!
Laura writes a frank account of her experience with the birth of her third child – don’t worry it a positive one!
If you have a positive birth story that you would like to share with us please send it to us, so that we can publish it – we would love to make a collection of amazing stories for other pregnant women to read to help them on their journey. x